ROTARY BOWEL CARE AUSTRALIA
Bowel Care 2020 – 30th year of service in the community.
Bowel Care have chosen to update to the latest technology to screen for occult blood using an Australian made brush-based Faecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) which was first released in 2000 and has since been used to screen millions of people around the world.
The faecal immunochemical test (FIT) is now the standard screening test kit used to screen for hidden (occult) blood in the stool, which if present may indicate a bowel cancer or polyp. Other colorectal diseases such as colitis, diverticulitis, haemorrhoids and fissures may also cause bleeding.
You should NOT do this test if:
· There has been a history of bleeding with or in the stool
· A recent change in bowel habit
· Recent persistent pain in the lower abdomen
Advantages in using this kit
· No dietary or medication restrictions.
· Is very easy to use and requires no faecal samples.
· Cost is $20.00
· Commences 1 April to 31 May 2020.
A simple test could save your life.